Thinking One Word But Typing Another

No view

When you think one word, but write another, similar sounding word? If you are writing or typing and you are thinking of one word, but then type another word made of the same phonemes, what is that called and what are the linguistic and /or psychological phenomena behind it?.As an addition to Jeromy 's answer, I would like to point out that I sometimes think of them as muscle memory flaws. I have no evidence to back this up, but I 'll explain my reasoning. The suffix 'ble ' is quite common in English language, so when you type the 'bl ' for 'bly ' in 'possibly ' , without thinking you add .